Every morning, you’re faced with the same dilemma—what to eat for breakfast. You’re either a savoury kinda girl (eggs on toast every damn day) or prefer to kick off with something a little sweeter (Bircher muesli with berries, anyone?).
Truth is, we’re all creatures of habit. But even creatures of habit tend to get bored every now and then.
So if you’re looking for a different way to prep your beloved eggs, or lusting over something entirely different altogether, keep scrolling as our Fit Foodie friend, Sally O’Neil shares with us some brand new ways to enjoy eggs of a morning.
Not only are they a nice change for your tastes buds, both recipes are packed full of protein and other nutrients that make them a great option to start the day—recommended by any nutritionist you’ll ever come across.
Which one will you try first?!
Savoury porridge breakfast bowl
1 cup quick oats
2 cups vegetable stock or water 2 poached eggs
Salt + pepper
- Add the oats to a pan over a medium heat and pour in the vegetable stock. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring until the porridge is thick and creamy.
- Divide between two bowls.
- Slice the avocado and add to the bowl, along with a softly poached / boiled egg.
- Drizzle over tahini and season to taste.
Turkish Eggs + Sourdough
350g Plain Greek Yoghurt
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 tbsp chilli flakes
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt flakes
4 Australian eggs
2 large slices of sourdough
2 tbsp extra virgin olive or avocado oil Sprinkle with paprika
Fresh Coriander, finely chopped. Black pepper
- Mix together the yoghurt, spring onions, chilli and coriander.
- Poach the eggs and toast the sourdough to your liking.
- Divide the yoghurt between 4 bowls.
- Finish with a drizzle with olive oil, pepper and paprika. Top with fresh coriander.
Recipes created for @australianeggs.
The post 2 New Healthy Ways To Get Creative With Eggs For Breakfast appeared first on Sporteluxe.
Original Content Source