Here’s a naturally sweet treat made from dried fruit, raw nuts, and seeds. They are a stunning addition to any festive dessert table. Recipe contributed by Caryn Hartglass, founder of Responsible Eating and Living. Photos by Evan Atlas.
Apricot Nut Balls
Author: Caryn Hartglass
Recipe type: Naturally sweet treat
Cuisine: Vegan / Healthy
- 1 cup dried unsulphured apricots
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup almonds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp agave or maple syrup, optional, or to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla, optional
- 1 to 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 to 2 tbsp raw sesame seeds
- 1 to 2 tbsp cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- In a food processor pulse apricots, walnuts, almonds, and pumpkin seeds until coarsely blended. Add in sweetener and vanilla if using.
- Process continuously until mixture forms a “dough” and starts to clump together.
- Form the mixture into 1-inch diameter balls. In a small plate sprinkle your topping of choice. Roll each ball in the topping. Place on a serving dish or chill until ready to serve.