Inside Out Cheeseburger
Healthy Recipes For Food Lovers!
Are you a Cheeseburger lover? So this recipe is for you. Cooked to perfection and stuffed with cheese, this Spicy Inside-Out Cheeseburger is the recipe you never knew you needed.
Homemade burger patties are delicious, and this combination of ingredients tops them all. This spicy burger is made to diet-friendly perfection thanks to combining lean grass-fed ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, jalapenos, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, black pepper and our favorite ingredient, cheese. Once the ingredients and combined and patties are set, fire up the grill or heat up the stove, this Inside-Out Cheeseburger can be prepared either way. Cook each patty for about four minutes on each side or until the desired liking. Once cooked through, place the patties on sandwich thins and top each with a spoonful of salsa, a slice of tomato and lettuce. And the final step? Bite into this cheese-filled burger and embrace the array of flavors that will unravel with every single bite.
This recipe makes two servings, but if you’re cooking for a crew, simply double or triple the ingredients. Each burger counts as two PowerFuels, one SmartCarb and one Extra on your Nutrisystem meal plan.
Calories per Serving: 353
On Nutrisystem, Count As 2 PowerFuels, 1 SmartCarb, and 1 Extra
- 8 ounces 90% lean grass-fed ground beef
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. shredded reduced-fat pepper jack or cheddar cheese
- 2 whole wheat sandwich thins
- 4 Tbsp. chunky salsa
- 2 thin slices of tomato
- 2 small lettuce leaves
- Preheat grill or large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Using hands, gently mix beef, Worcestershire, jalapeno pepper, smoked paprika, crushed red pepper flakes and black pepper in a large bowl. Shape into 4 thin, 4-inch-wide patties. Mound 1 tablespoon of the shredded cheese mixture on 2 of the patties, leaving a ½-inch border. Cover each with one of the remaining patties. Crimp and seal the edges closed.
- Place patties on grill/pan and cook for approximately 4 minutes per side for medium-well or until cooked to your liking. Be sure not to press the burgers as they cook, or they’ll split open and cheese will ooze out. Let the burgers rest for 5 minutes. Place burger patties on sandwich thins and top each with 2 tablespoons salsa, 1 slice tomato, and lettuce.