Cauliflower is an excellent addition to soups because it’s nutritious, filled with fibre and gives a lovely creamy texture. Serve it in small bowls as a light starter, or plate up a bigger portion for a wholesome lunch or dinner.
Creamy Cauliflower, Hazelnut & Sage Soup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 leek or brown onion, trimmed and thinly sliced
- salt, to taste
- 1 L vegetable stock
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 cup Califia Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 cup hazelnuts nuts, roughly chopped, plus some for topping
- handful of sage leaves
- black pepper, to taste
- Melt the coconut oil or olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the leeks or brown onion and a pinch of salt and cook gently for 8–10 minutes, or until they’ve softened and turned golden.
- Add the stock and cauliflower. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to simmer, cover for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Add the almond milk and hazelnuts, then blend with a stick blender until smooth and creamy. Season to taste with more salt and pepper.
- In a small frying pan, add 1 tsp coconut oil and then gently place the sage leaves into the pan. Fry each side until crispy. Once crispy. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Serve the soup between bowls and top with the crispy sage and chopped hazelnuts. Enjoy!
When I was living in L.A. I discovered Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk and as soon as I tasted it, I knew it was my favourite brand. I’m so excited that their products have arrived in Australia. As a nutritionist, it’s so important that the ingredients I put into my recipes are nutritionally balanced, wholesome and fit into the JSHealth philosophy.
Original Content Source