I don’t know about you, but a creamy acai bowl is one of my favourite weekend breakfasts. To stick with the healthy life principles, I’ve re-created a version that’s refined sugar-free and nutritionally balanced. It’s full of fibre, essential fatty acids and it has plenty of protein. I’ve used my favourite Califia Farms Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, which gives a subtle almond flavour and a little sweetness without overpowering the overall taste.
Creamy unsweetened acai bowl
- 1 packet of unsweetened acai, frozen
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- 1 heaped tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp stevia powder or raw honey
- 1 cup Califia Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 serve vanilla protein powder (optional)
For the topping (optional)
- JSHealth granola
- 1 tsp almond butter
- 1 tsp dessicated coconut
- Fresh berries
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blitz until they form a smooth, creamy texture.
- Once the mixture is thick, pour into a bowl. Top with crunchy granola, a dollop of almond butter, dessicated coconut and fresh berries.
When I was living in L.A. I discovered Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk and as soon as I tasted it, I knew it was my favourite brand. I’m so excited that their products have arrived in Australia. As a nutritionist, it’s so important that the ingredients I put into my recipes are nutritionally balanced, wholesome and fit in with The Healthy Life philosophy. To find out more, click here.
Original Content Source