Loaded with nutrients and fiber, sweet potatoes are one of the most delicious detox foods.
This is because a successful detox involves not only eliminating toxic substances but also rebuilding the body with nourishing foods.
Proper detox requires adequate amounts of fiber. Fiber promotes digestive health. It binds to toxins as they are released in the digestive tract and escorts them out of the body.
In addition to their fiber content, sweet potatoes are incredibly nutrient dense. They are notably loaded with vitamin A which is responsible for their characteristic orange color.
These root vegetables also have valuable minerals such as magnesium and potassium.
This delicious and nourishing sweet potato recipe is sure to become a detox favorite of the whole family!
2 organic sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
1 can organic Cannellini (white kidney) beans, drained
1 organic onion, diced
2 cups organic spinach, chopped
3 tbsp organic coconut oil
1 tbsp organic garlic, minced
1/4 tsp organic parsley, chopped
1 tsp sea salt
Organic black pepper to taste
- In a pan, melt coconut oil on medium heat.
- Add sweet potatoes, beans, onions and garlic.
- Stir to combine well.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once beans and potatoes begin to tenderize, add spinach, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for another 10-15 minutes or until sweet potatoes start to brown.
- Plate and serve immediately.
How did your hash turn out? Let us know in the comments below!
For more delicious detox recipes and expert guidance navigating your detox experience, join Dr. Colbert’s 21-Day Detox for FREE today!
Original Content Source