Easy malpua recipe to make homemade malpua, a sugary Indian pancake and a Holi festival sweet dish, you can prepare as a dessert, anytime.
If you like the recipe & dish please share our video, subscribe to our channel and press the bell icon to remain updated on all new recipe video uploads. Thanks!
for the batter
1 cup maida/all purpose flour
1/2 cup sooji/semolina
3/4 tsp elaichi/green cardamom powder
1 tsp saunf/fennel seeds
1/2 cup khoya/mawa
50 grams dahi
about 1 cup milk
1/2 tsp baking powder
oil for deep frying
for sugar syrup
1.5 cup sugar
3/4 – 1 cup water
8-10 strands kesar/saffron
5 sliced almonds
1/3 tsp melon seeds
1. in a large bowl add the maida, sooji, cardamom powder & fennel seeds. mix well. add the mawa, dahi & as much milk as needed and mix well to form a lump free medium thick pouring consistency batter. let it rest for 3-4 hours.
2. make sugar syrup first. add sugar in water & on medium heat stir till it dissolves. heat till sugar syrup just starts to become a little sticky. remove from heat & keep aside
3. after 3-4 hours add baking powder to the batter & mix well.
4. heat pan on medium heat & add oil for deep frying. when it heats up pour a ladleful of batter in it
5. fry the malpuas till golden brown & as shown in video
6. soak the malpuas in the sugar syrup for about 5 minutes and serve
Please watch: “Spinach Corn Sandwich Recipe | Cheesy Spinach Corn Grilled Sandwich”