Don’t show up for a summer fitness festival out of shape and unprepared. We’ve gathered intervals from the industry’s top professionals to get you ready!
The sun is shining, your crop tops are ready to come out of hibernation and your social calendar is starting to fill up. This can only mean one thing: Summer is upon us. Fitness festivals are showing up in a big way, offering an awesome experience and community for fitness junkies. With great music, endless dance parties, food-truck tacos and ice cream in the lineup, we turned to Propel fitness trainers to create a summer workout just for you. Get ready to kick it up a notch!
Warm-Up With Playlist Yoga
Nicole Sciacca shared this favorite warm-up yoga stretch:
1. Step your right foot up and keep your left hand or finger tips underneath your left shoulder. Gently peel your chest open to allow for space across your collarbones. Take five breaths. Alternate sides and repeat.
2. Lower your back knee to the mat and then gauge if you can reach back with your right hand to grab a hold of your left foot. If you cannot, continue to open across your chest and hug the heel of your left foot toward your left buttock. Take five deep breaths again.
HIIT by Speedplay
Bring on the high-intensity Speedplay, compliments of Xavier Quimbo:
1. You can use a bench or elevated platform, or if you’re up for the challenge, get right on the ground for this exercise. Sit back into a squat and place both hands down about shoulder-width apart. Shoot both legs behind you to set up your push-up position, or take them on your knees if you need a modification. Rock out one push-up, and then at the top, rotate your body into a side plank. Rotate back down to repeat the twist with your other arm, then close out the movement by shooting both legs back into a squat to end up standing.
Lateral Lunge Shift
2. Set your feet wide with your toes forward and feet flat. Keeping your chest up and shoulders level, move your hips back as you shift your weight into a lateral lunge — you want to finish with one leg fully extended. Drive through your bent leg back to the top and repeat the shift toward the other direction. This can be done with just your bodyweight, or you can hold a single dumbbell in front of your chest and throw out a forward press.
Arms by Tone House
Alonzo Wilson has the secret to toning your arms: atomic push-ups.
1. Start in a plank with your hands shoulder-width apart.
2. Jump your feet up to meet your hands, then jump them back.
3. Complete a push-up.
Abs by Training Mate
It’s time to focus on abs and legs with Luke Milton.
1. For abs, Milton likes to alternate between cycling crunches, corkscrews, Russian twists, jack planks and V-sits. For an active recovery, he switches to swivels.
2. For legs, go through each of the following moves for 45 seconds, with a 15-second active recovery of jumping jacks in between: dynamic split lunges, pop squats, low- squat burpees, lateral lunges and either butt blasters (with equipment) or squat pulses if you have no equipment.
Cardio Burst by Prevail Boxing
Here’s one last final, five-minute cardio burst from Milan Costich.
1. Minute 1: Complete 15 seconds of bouncing in a boxing stance and then 15 seconds of cross jacks. Repeat.
2. Minute 2: Complete 15 seconds of high knees with punches and then 15 seconds of lunges. Repeat.
3. Minute 3: Get ready to jab, cross, jab, cross, boxer burpee and repeat.
4. Minute 4: Complete 30 seconds of three chatters to one knee tuck and 30 seconds of mountain climbers.
5. Minute 5: Do 300 punches as fast as you can!
Cool-Down With Playlist Yoga
1. For your cool-down, try this active hip opener. Bring your right ankle over your left knee and then energetically press your right knee away from your right shoulder. Hold for five breaths.
2. And for your final move, create a Down-Dog shape and keep your hands shoulder-width apart and feet hip-width apart. Bend at your knees as much as you need to and energetically drive your heels to the ground. Hug your upper-arm bones toward each other and hollow out your low belly. Take five long breaths.
Be sure to catch this powerful team of fitness experts this summer at the Propel Co:Labs Fitness Festival in Los Angeles, New York, Miami and Chicago!
Original Content Source