Expressing gratitude is a form of prayer.
The practice of expressing gratitude deepens your relationship with yourself, other people, the Divine and the Earth.
As we as a culture find more fun, creative, and simple ways to express gratitude, our lives become deeply enriched, both individually and culturally.
One of my favorite expressions of gratitude this year was the Water Ceremony I experienced the day after International Soul Art Day. Q’Orianka, an Incan Priestess from Peru, led me and the other artists who joined me live in the studio on Soul Art Day through a Water Ceremony to express our gratitude and offer our prayers to the water. Joining me in this magical experience: Jane Cormack, Devon Walz, and Leah Guzman. It was divine!
Feel the love and gratitude infused in every moment of this Water Ceremony. Click on each image to see them in full size.
I hope these moments of gratitude and prayer spark ideas for you about how you can express gratitude in your life.
The best way to start is by making a list (10 will do) of things you’re grateful for. I’ll give you some examples.
10 things I’m grateful for:
- I am grateful for my beautiful body.
- I am grateful for my love of nature.
- I am grateful for my willingness to feel deeply.
- I am grateful for my gorgeous studio.
- I am grateful for the delight I feel when I see a bird.
- I am grateful for my endless flow of creative ideas.
- I am grateful for my ability to follow through on ideas.
- I am grateful for my nourishing, love-fueled relationship with Kevin.
- I am grateful for my new tree table in my office! (I’ll show you a picture soon)
- I am grateful for YOU (people who receive the art and inspiration I create). You inspire me to do what I do!!
Get the idea?
What are 10 things you’re grateful for?
Notice how you feel in the process of expressing gratitude.
Gratitude grows when shared!
Share in the comments below something you’re grateful for.
Inspire someone today. Share this Gratitude post with your friends!
Original Content Source