This Ham and Cheese Croissant Breakfast Sandwich is everything you could ask for in a breakfast sandwich. Croissants with egg, ham, and cheese smothered with a delicious homemade honey mustard sauce. The recipe is amazing and kids request it as often as they do Pancakes.
These sandwiches are great to make when you need a good breakfast. It’s our go-to recipe when we have guests along with our One Pan Breakfast Recipe.
PIN this recipe HERE! Follow Valentina’s Corner on Pinterest for more inspiration!
A hearty and filling breakfast is a must, and this sandwich is just that. The flaky crispy croissant sandwiches are loaded with egg, cheese and ham in the most amazing creamy honey Dijon sauce. The flavors come together and create the most amazing of combinations.
McDonald’s breakfast sandwiches and Starbucks can’t even compare to the taste of these homemade sandwiches.
how to make the best breakfast sandwich-
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and sour cream. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, over medium, heat the butter and oil. Add the egg mixture, add the diced tomatoes and onions, close the lid on the skillet. Cook until the eggs are almost fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, prepare the honey Dijon sauce (honey mustard sauce). Whisk together the mayonnaise, honey, Dijon mustard, paprika and hot sauce.
- Slice croissant in half lengthwise. Cut the eggs into 6 equal parts.
- Add ham, cheese, egg and top with sauce (you may need to fold the egg if it’s too large for the sandwich).
- Bake croissant sandwiches in the oven for 15 minutes at 350°F, or until tops of croissants are crispy and cheese melts (cover towards the end of baking if cheese needs more time to melt).
TIP: Don’t overcook the egg mixture, it will taste too dry. It’ll finish baking in the oven.
can I make breakfast sandwiches the night before?
Yes, these croissant breakfast sandwiches are great to prepare the night before. Completely follow instructions, just DON’T bake the sandwiches. Add them to a casserole dish and cover, refrigerate. In the morning, just bake as instructed. Perfect for busy mornings!
can I freeze breakfast sandwiches?
Yes, these croissant sandwiches are great for freezing. Freeze sandwiches in individual bags and thaw as needed. Or wrap an individual sandwich in plastic wrap and then place all the sandwiches in a large freezer bag.
Thaw sandwiches and bake in the oven, toaster oven or you can heat the sandwiches in the microwave if you don’t care for a crispy croissant.
can breakfast sandwiches be reheated?
Yes! These breakfast sandwiches are great to reheat. Cover in foil and reheat in a toaster oven or the sandwiches can be reheated in the microwave.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it’s my absolute favorite to prepare for my husband and children.
Oh, I can’t wait for you to try these croissant breakfast sandwiches with ham and cheese and honey Dijon sauce. You are in for a TREAT! Don’t forget to leave us comments below. We’d love to hear from you. 🙂