Mexican Stuffed Sweet Potato
Mexican Stuffed Sweet Potato recipe—very simple and full of fiber and vegetable protein: sweet potatoes, stuffed Mexican style! This Mexican Stuffed Sweet Potato dish is good as it is colorful and is a great way to enjoy a meal rich in flavors and essential nutrients. In addition, these stuffed sweet potatoes are a good source of antioxidants, fiber, essential fatty acids, and minerals.
Let’s Start Our Mexican Stuffed Sweet Potato Recipe
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ block firm tofu, cut in small cubes
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup black olives
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- ½ cup of salsa
- salt and pepper to taste
- Scrub sweet potatoes with a brush to clean. Cook whole sweet potatoes in an oven heated to 400°F for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the onion into a large pan with olive oil over medium heat. When onion begins to brown, add the tofu, chili powder, and garlic powder. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and add black olives.
- When the potatoes are cooked, cut them gently in half lengthways. Let them cool a little and press the flesh down with a fork.
- Add the tofu mixture on top of the sweet potato.
- Add the salsa and fresh coriander.