Sooji ka Halwa, Rava Sheera, Suji Halwa
Sooji Halwa is a traditional but popular dessert. Sooji Halwa is delicious and a welcome treat for guests. I have done this recipe a few years ago and now decided to do another version of Sooji Halwa with little twist, turning this into an exotic Halwa beyond your belief.
- 1/2 cup sooji (rava, semolina)
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup clarified butter (ghee)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/8 tsp cardamom powder (ilachi)
- few strings saffron (kaser)
- 1 Tbsp sliced pistachios (pista)
- In a bowl mix the sooji and milk together and set aside for about five minutes. This will become lump brake it up with fork
- In a boiling water add sugar, cardamom powder, and saffron mix it well, and Set aside.
- In a frying pan heat the clarified butter over medium heat, just enough to make the ghee warm. Turn off the heat and add the sooji. Mix the sooji with ghee pressing with spatula making sure ghee and sooji is mix well and no lumps.
- Open the heat again to medium low and roast the sooji to golden brown color; stirring constantly this will take about 5 to 8 minutes. Sooji will be golden brown in color and will have a light sweet aroma.
- Add the syrup slowly, as you add the syrup to sooji water will splatter. Let it cook for about 4 minutes.
- Sooji will absorb the water, as the Halwa cools, so keep Halwa a little softer then you want.
- Garnish with pistachios and serve warm for the best taste.
Original Content Source