Stuffed Masala Rava Idli, Spicy Chana Dal Stuffing, Healthy Snack, Easy Idli Recipe
Stuffed Idli is a delicious and healthy snack. For the filling, I used spicy chana dal stuffing which makes it unique and also flavorful. I like to serve stuffed Idli with tea or as an appetizer with a side of cilantro chutney. This also makes a great lunch box meal as it is very healthy and satisfying.
This recipe will make about 14 Idlies.
- 1 cup coarse sooji (Rava, samolina)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup yogurt (dahi, curd)
- 3/4 cup water (as needed)
- 1 tsp ENO (fruit salt)
- 1/2 cup chana dal (bangal gram)
- 1/2 cup potato (boiled and cut into small cubes)
- 2 Tbsp green chilies (chopped)
- 1 tsp ginger (shreddded)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (haldi)
- 1 tsp coriander powder (dhania)
- 1 tsp dry mango powder (amchoor)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/8 tsp asafetida (hing)
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
Utensils for Making Idlis, Idli stand, or Alternatively, an egg poacher can work just as well, if you do not have an Idli stand.
- For stuffing soak dal for at least 3 hours, drain the water.
- Grind all the stuffing mix except potato in a grinder to make coarse paste, do not use any water I like to use food processer. Stuffing should be moist. Add potatoes and mix it well, Set aside.
- Mix sooji, salt, and yogurt, add water as needed to make a pancake-like batter. Set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- To make stuffed idli, grease the idly plate. Add Eno Fruit Salt to the batter and mix well. The mixture will begin foaming. Immediately begin pouring into the Idli trays.
- pour about 1 tablespoon of batter and spread evenly. Now add 2 teaspoons of masala and pour over about one tablespoon idly batter covering the filling. Repeat the process. Place the stand into the steaming pot.
- Cover the pot and steam idles for about 12 minutes on medium heat. Insert a fork in the center of one idli. If the fork comes out clean, remove the stand from the pot. Do not overcook idles, as they will lose their softness and dry out as they cool.
- Cool for just a few minutes before removing each individual idli. They should come out easily and not stick to the mold. Idles should be spongy and soft.
The post Stuffed Masala Rava Idli, Spicy Chana Dal Stuffing, Healthy Snack, Easy Idli Recipe appeared first on Manjula's Kitchen.
Original Content Source