Hope you’re ready to jump into today’s challenge – and remember to tag us on social media!
Watch each video carefully, follow our instructions below, and post yourself crushing these burpees with the hashtag #OxygenBadassBurpees for your chance to win.
Beginners can do one to two sets of five to 10 reps each. More advanced participants can shoot for three sets of 15, 20 or more reps. You also can blend them into your existing exercise program, circuit, metcon or Workout of the Day.
Lateral Burpee Box Jump-Over
1. Stand to the side of a plyometric box that is knee height or below, feet shoulder-width apart, arms at your sides.
2. Crouch and place your hands on the floor, then hop your feet behind you so you’re in plank next to the box — head, hips and heels aligned, spine and head neutral.
3. Bend your elbows to do a push-up, lowering until your chest touches or nearly touches down, then press back up to plank.
4. Extend your legs, and as you come to standing, leap laterally onto the box, landing lightly with soft knees, then continuing over to jump off on the other side.
5. Go immediately into your next repetition on the other side of the box.
Burpee Side-to-Side Tuck Jump
1. Stand with your feet about shoulder-width apart, arms at your sides.
2. Crouch and place your hands on the floor, then hop your feet behind you so you’re in plank — head, hips and heels aligned, spine and head neutral.
3. Bend your elbows to do a push-up, lowering until your chest touches or nearly touches down.
4. Extend your arms so you’re in plank, then hop your feet underneath you and to the left side, then back to plank. Then hop your feet underneath you and to the right side, then back to plank.
5. Jump your feet back underneath you, then extend your legs and hips explosively, and as you jump into the air, lift and tuck your knees up in front of you, trying to touch your hands at hip height. Extend your legs quickly to land.
Didn’t get a chance to sign up for the challenge? Join in the fun here.
Original Content Source