Today I am heading in to my Pain Management doctor for Facet Injections. We discussed Radiofrequency Ablation so I don’t know if she will add that on as well, I will ask when I get in but if I weren’t hopeful that this will bring some relief from the relentless lower back pain, I wouldn’t even have made the appointment.
I am at the point in my journey with my lower back that standing for too long hurts, walking too far hurts, sitting too long hurts. I have 5 “bad discs” in my back. In the cervical area I have 2 bulging and one herniated. In my lower back – one bulging and one herniated. It’s been this way for a very, very long time. I also have arthritis all through my back. The chiropractor that I saw took X-rays and said that I had the back of an 80-year old. That was in the Summer of 2013 when I was 45/46. He tried to treat me but after weeks of 2x a week treatments including adjustments, massage and acupuncture, he concluded that it was not working and sent me for the MRI that discovered the disc issues. Last year I went to the Spine center and they said that the arthritis was getting worse and my spine is curving. It’s starting to curve like a backward S. Conservative treatment- my treatment of choice- is Lidocaine patches for pain. They help a bit, but don’t take away the pain enough to function so today’s visit is the next step.
Here are my hopes:
- I hope that I can attend a yoga class that I found this summer
- I hope that I can walk Auggie farther than around the Cul-De-Sac
- I hope that I can train Fenway this summer (she HATES the leash) so that I can walk her too.
- I hope that by walking and doing yoga I can strengthen my lungs and body enough to go hiking through Clifty Falls State Park again.
- I hope that I can regain the energy that I have sorely missed.
Original Content Source